Sunday, August 22, 2010

pensive Yeti

Pensive Yeti
Sure, this is an old photo, but I love my cat. This past weekend, he ate something, poison probably, and after drooling from nausea, he started throwing up uncontrollably. James wanted to wait a day, to see if he started to feel better, but the drooling and vomiting continued.

I got an appointment with the worst vet in town, the only one that had an appointment available. We don't have a cat carrier big enough for him (he's a BIG boy!) so we tried to cram him into the one we have. As soon as we got him in there, he started ramming his head against the gate, digging at it with his claws. Somehow, he managed to get the gate open, and we had a cat freaking out on the leather seats of my car. He finally crawled under James' seat, and meowed himself hoarse on the 8 minute car ride to the vet.

Long story short, what ever he ate that made him sick had been expelled in the food and water that he threw up. The vet took an xray, determined that his bowel is full of gas. In the xray, it shows up as a black cloud! lol

the vet prescribed a bland diet, and some antibiotics for an abcess that he had on his butt, and sent us home with an unhappy cat. I made James drive home this time, and Yeti stayed nice and calm all the way home. no crying, no clawing the leather seats, just lay at my feet and chewed a bit on my flip flops. when we got home, he jumped out of the car but refused to come inside. when he finally decided he was done being mad at us, he joined us in the living room, jumping back and forth between ottoman and chaise to climb on us by turns.

I think he is still feeling a bit off. Usually, he doesn't like to snuggle with me, will only do so when he doesn't feel good. I think it is a throwback to the way it used to be, when we first got him. He was so sickly the first couple of days, and I kept him with me the whole time, let him sleep in my sports bra right next to my heart. The past two nights, he's been sleeping with me. Not just on the bed, but cuddled up close to my chest. It's a sweet little thing, but it kinda sucks because I've just recently discovered that I am allergic to him :(

1 comment:

  1. OMG! You are also allergic to cats, just like Frankie is?!? Wow. Guess you can't live with or without the little white monster.

    ReplyDelete