Tuesday, August 3, 2010

just give me the light...

i love lamp
one of the few things i remember from my short college days was a philosophy class.  in this particular class, we talked about how each thing, living or not, has a purpose, and sometimes it waits a lifetime to fulfill that purpose.
I was sitting in my living room this evening, just enjoying the last bit of afternoon light that was bouncing off our neighbors house and back into our east facing windows.  it was bright enough that I didn't need to turn on this lamp, would be hours before I would need to.
call it a flight of fancy, in which case this might actually belong on my other blog, but I anthropomorphized this lamp.  I imagined that it was looking through that window, just waiting for the sun to disappear.  I imagined that it had been waiting hours and hours for its chance to shine, to fulfill its purpose.  even the angle of the shade made me think of some sentient being, peering out from under a hat.  maybe i should doodle on this, give life to my little flight of fancy regarding this lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment