Friday, August 6, 2010

little animals

bugs really bug me.  I don't like 'em, not one bit.  I tolerate some because they are beneficial to my environment, but mostly I just wanna squash 'em.  James on the other hand is one of those people that doesn't like to kill anything, except black widows.  And when he finds little critters that look cool, he'll tell me to grab my camera and shoot.  Well, I don't like getting that close to bugs, particularly ones like this little bastard, but I didn't have either of my auto cameras, so I had to get in close (15 inches!  that's too close for me!) to get this shot.  And even though James will leave little critters like this one unmolested, he will do just about anything to make me get up close and personal with bugs I am afraid of :(  while I was setting up for this shot, he was coming toward me with a spider and its egg sack he stopped once I started crying.
baby sized praying mantis

No comments:

Post a Comment