Tuesday, July 6, 2010

stuff for today

Reggie Watts

i saw this guy doing stand up, so naturally went in search of his material.  instead, i found musical performance, both looped material like this and a duet with amanda from dresden dolls where he sings in German in a startling baritone.  i was intrigued, so i did a wikipedia search- and now i have an unholy crush.  i could say it is because he made me laugh, then he surprised me, then he turns out to be just your average dude.  all crush worthy things for sure, but i think the real fascination is the hair :)

anyway, the photo of the day!

My friend Stanzie got married a couple of weeks ago in an ashram.  At this point in the ceremony, she was still veiled, still sitting at Rich's right hand.  She cried through the entire ceremony, overwhelmed by the life altering event she was sitting through with the love of her life; this was probably the only moment her hand was still, not dabbing away the tears.

I wasn't sure that cameras were okay inside the chamber; one of the officials gave me a dirty look when brought out my camera so I tried to be stealthy about it.  A little bit later, two other people took out their cameras, and suddenly it was a free for all.  I am only sorry that I didn't get good photos of her entering the chamber; this was the first image I managed to take.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! My next dog's name is going to be "Reginald Lucien Frank Roger Watts", but I'll probably call him 'Reggie Watts' for short. Will have to check if/when this guy comes to town so i can check out his show. Interesting hair, but I'd tire of it quickly and try to braid it or put in it a pony tail for him - it's just way too much going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol :)
    so you've seen some of his comedy?

    ReplyDelete