Thursday, July 29, 2010

Low Flying Raptors

Hawk about to take flight, Land's End Coastal Trail
While I was walking along the trail toward Golden Gate Bridge, I caught a pair of hawks hunting.  I was the only person on the trail at the time, and these assholes were awfully bold.  This one buzzed me, came close enough to touch my ear with a tail feather.  I was a little bit pissed about that, but it only swooped me once before landing on this tree.  I caught him/her in flight, just floating on an updraft.  It didn't look real; I thought it was a kite at first because it simply floated above me without making any motion at all.  then it turned its head and looked at me!  I didn't know what it was going to do, so I wasn't prepared to see it flying right for my head.  Glad I dropped just enough at just the right time :)

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes! Maybe you should've thrown your camera at it! just kidding. glad they didn't peck ur eyes out! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete