Sunday, July 25, 2010

eye in the sky

shot of the interior dome, CA State Capitol Building

Yesterday was a cool day; I got to hang out with some old buddies from my photography classes and I got to go into the Capitol building, something I haven't done.  But, the subject matter was kinda boring.  I like taking photos of architecture from odd angles, and there was plenty of opportunity for that because of the massive size of this building, but I see it all the time and was having a hard time getting excited about shooting it.  I took this photo with my phone and with the D90, a habit I've picked up along the way because it's easy to share off of my phone, not so easy from my big camera. I shoot only RAW files with the big camera, and I have to convert them to jpg before I can post anywhere :( 

This photo turned out really well- reminds me of a giant eye.  the interior of this building is lit by lamps, so it's quite dark all the time.  Kudos to my phone for being able to shoot this well in low light conditions :)

1 comment: