
I think everyone should take self portraits. At this time in my life, my face is changing fast, and it might be too late to start the good habits that might have preserved my face :P
I've gotten pretty good at taking self portraits, am able to take photos that hide obvious flaws. Of course, I cheated with this one, covered up a third of my face with giant sized sunglasses, something I should wear all the time. What you don't see in this photo are the two vertical wrinkles at the beginning of each eyebrow; I call them Manny and Adam after the men that caused them to be born. Also, you can't see the blemish on my jawline, right side, called James, caused by the beard burn I get every time we give each other a hug. Under my left eye, there is a small scar, courtesy of my first feral kitten Eddy Puss. Various beauty marks dot my face, two above my upper lip, one on my lower lip, two on my chin. I haven't named them, but I suppose I could just name them after the year that I first found each one. You can see my double chin, which goes by many names, like Colonel Sanders, Ronald McDonald, Rubio's and Mr Pizza Man.
Love all your self-portraits. I'm not that photogenic, so the most you'll ever see of my is my scar. One day I may become brave and do a real self-portrait, maybe.
ReplyDeletei'm not photogenic either, ya know. it's all about how you hold your head and where you position the camera :)
ReplyDelete