Sunday, January 1, 2012

First shot of the day

I got up early this morning to see the new year sunrise. Its a thing I do, my contingency plan if I can't do my other end of/beginning of the year ritual. My goal was to find the highest point and catch the first rays of the sun as they spread over the land chasing away the last traces of the night, the final inky darkness of last year.
I decided on Scripps Ranch, above Lake Miramar, driving past sleepy houses and early risers already walking the lake. It wasn't perfect, but it was serene and lonely, two of the intangibles that I ascribe to myself.
I found a cul de sac that had a somewhat obstructed view of the lake, parked long enough to capture the last blues of last year and the first rays of gold from the new day sun. This is a shot of the house I parked in front of, one of the first homes to feel the warmth of the new year's first sunrise.


No comments:

Post a Comment