Monday, October 3, 2011

Perhaps I should take it more seriously

Last weekend, I participated in a photo walk, and I thought that it would be far more casual than it was.  I got there just on time, got out of my car and felt like I showed up to the party in just a bra and underwear. Almost everyone that was there was set up on a tripod, several had a prime lens and an all in one zoom lens, these people were seriously outfitted! I had thought of bringing a monopod, but I figured it was light  enough to hand hold my shots. It is kinda funny to note also that I saw a lady with the expensive model of my tripod with a tiny point and shoot attached. I chuckled, but hey, she was serious about her shots.
I was by myself for most of the walk, made my way around the building before the rest, and it occurred to me that maybe these people were a step above photo enthusiasts, but I still could not believe how much gear these people brought along!
Anyway, later on this month I am going to a photo meet up close to Stockton. It's at a nature preserve, we'll be shooting the sunset and the roosting cranes.  I'm looking forward to that, and this time I'll put more thought into my gear, take this shoot a little more seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about that. I noticed people like that too on mine, even at the one last year when all I had was my EVO 4G and my Nikon S60 point-and-shoot.

    This year, I had limitations - I was still limping from tweaking my RT knee climbing the week before, so I definitely didnt want to lug extra crap around with me like an albatross (remember those sparkling water bottles we lugged around Galway and western Ireland for several days?!? - never again!). Just don't over do it, but most of all, just have fun.

    ReplyDelete