A couple of days ago, some dude put me in one of his circles. I don't know him, so I looked at his stream, saw some things that were tech interesting and politically relevant, so I circled him too under Geeks and Nerds (who I have a lot of interest in because they tend to think outside the box, tend to be innovators). This person turned around and asked in his stream what drew me to him, what posts I liked.
I thought that following people was strictly elective and its not socially necessary to reciprocate. If I choose to follow his posts, that really is my business, isn't it?
Which leads me to the real question, which is what kind of person asks that kind of question? Someone who needs validation? Someone who needs to have their ego stroked? Either way, I find myself not interested in following his posts anymore. Its one thing to put your interests out into the ether without any filters or ulterior motives, its a whole different deal to tailor postings to a target audience. I prefer the unfiltered version, and this guy seems like he is looking for a specific demographic to appeal to. And that demographic does not include me.
Buh-bye.
Yeah, that isn't cool to ask people why they circled you. You can either circle back or leave them as is. Good for you for un-circling.
ReplyDelete