
teary goodbye, a photo by vivienne_onymous on Flickr.
This is my little buddy Joaquin. His mom tells me he is a shy little thing, but that is not my experience with him. For as long as I've known him, he's always been in my face, in my shots, and now in my head. This sweet little boy actually makes me want to have a kid of my own. Scary, right? Well don't worry, it simply is not in the cards for the likes of me. Since I've made the conscious choice to not have kids, I have to get my baby fix from wherever I can, but the biological imperative to procreate is still there. but enough about baby blues, let me get to the greens part of the title.
I've long been envious of the iPhone hipstamatic and instagram photo applications. I've researched all the comparable android apps, experimented with these cumbersome and slow shutters, and I actually hate all of them now. They take a long time to load, and by the time you're ready, the moment is gone.
So naturally, I've turned to PSE to duplicate the effects I want. For this particular photo, I boosted local contrast to get the reflection of the tree limbs on the window, moved the temperature toward the green part of the spectrum, and cropped it way down to just Joaquin in his window curtain shroud. There are a couple of other adjustments I would like to make, but I like the aged feel it has in this version. I reminds me of old photos from the late 70s and early 80s that have faded over the years, giving them a yellow-y green cast.
Never say 'Never', esp not about having a baby. Adoption, save a dog, save a baby.
ReplyDeleteWell, not to happy to hear that the Android photo apps SUCK. We still have a way better camera on our EVOs! Very cool though, what you've done in PSE. Neato!
the very next day, i started using an app called "picplz". on the iphone, you get a live view, and there are filters lined up at the bottom of your screen. choose one and your photo is altered and then recorded. picplz doesn't do that; instead, it allows you to load a photo from your gallery and then apply a filter, and from there you can upload to up to 7 different media sharing sites. I haven't tried actually using the camera portion of the app, but i assume it's the same experience as instagram on iphone.
ReplyDeleteand of course there is nothing wrong with using PSE to re-create those effects; it's just time consuming, which should not mean anything to someone with as much leisure time as me. i'm such a lazy ass...