Saturday, April 2, 2011

Welcome to Sacramento

picplz_upload by vivienne_onymous
picplz_upload, a photo by vivienne_onymous on Flickr.

I went for a ride today, a veritable three hour tour. Normally I opt for a ride along the river, but today I headed south toward Elk Grove using side streets instead of riding down Stockton, the major thoroughfare. After chatting for the 45 minutes with my sister, I started riding seriously. Down past the Campbell's Soup factory, past Executive Airport, east toward Stockton along Florin, then back west toward I5 south along Mack Rd. Then, back to 24th St at Fruitridge, then north into downtown Sac. All told, it was about 18 miles, meandering through manicured neighborhoods, slogging through piles of human detritus, standing on my pedals on overgrown bike paths, bumping my way along unpaved roadways. There's lots to see, most of it uninspiring, but hey, it's my city. I was feeling mostly ambivalent about my ride, hadn't even taken my camera out when I saw this sign over by Sac City College. It seems to just sum up the whole experience...do not enter, hazardous existence area :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment