Tuesday, September 14, 2010
memories....
i have a small collection of memories, stored in 1, 2, 4,8, 16, 160, 320 and 500 GB volumes. i forget that i have so much space available to me, and when i'm out shooting, i am so glad to find SD cards with nothing on them, ready to be used. i still can't get over how many images i have. i think that if i put all my digital images, not just photos but drawings and doodles too onto one compendious volume, I could easily use up 2 TB. aw jeez, i even forgot that two of my three ipods store images instead of music! Yep, 2 TB would probably just cover me for the last two years worth of images...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow. Now that's a lot of images. I have a couple of portable drives, full of photos, copies of older iTunes libraries, and documents. From my three digital cameras and three smartphones, I am surprised at how small my photo files are. I am only now backing them all up, well, starting when my old HP tablet died last month. Not sure I'll ever get around to all the stuff on my three or four external hard drives. Hope none of them crash.
ReplyDeleteI should mention that most of those images are in RAW and jpeg form, as well as edited versions. I think I have well over 3000 individual images, about half of those have edited versions, and in some cases multiple edits. i spend a lot of time in Photoshop :(
ReplyDeleteI think you might run into the same problem once you get into Photoshop or GIMP. One word of caution, once you alter a jpeg, you can't undo any of your edits. With a RAW image, you retain all the properties of your image, including metadata even if you butcher it :)